Saturday, May 28, 2011

We've discovered some of Gage's dislikes....

Gage is a pretty happy, easygoing baby. We've discovered in the last week or so though, that when he doesn't like something, he is VOCAL about it.

Example 1:
Gage meets a sweet, small dog:



Example 2:
We take Gage to lunch at a hibachi grill. At the beginning of your meal, they put a lighter up to the grill which produces a huge ball of fire. He FREAKED out. The cook felt bad!

Example 3:
Funny voices. In the evening, Gage can sometimes have his grumpy times. Les always does funny voices with Gage, but if it's between the hours of 6-7 pm, he may not get the same response from Gage, as opposed to earlier that day.
I decided to be silly and talk funny to Gage tonight. Here's what I got:


Example 4:
The vacuum cleaner. Gage was happily playing on the floor and I decided to take the opportunity to do a little vacuuming. I turned the vacuum on and Gage lost it...and it was the silent cry, too! You know, the one where their eyes are closed, their face is blood red and their mouth is wide open screaming that silent scream! It's horrible! I picked him up and calmed him down. I decided to hold him and vacuum at the same time, hopefully showing him it was nothing to be afraid of, but no...the same thing happened. Then I felt horrible and decided the floors didn't need to be vacuumed. Poor baby!

I hate to see him get so upset over all those things, but you can't help to giggle! One day he'll realize that none of these things are scary! Except maybe big dogs. I'm still afraid of most dogs, so I won't force him to get over that fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment